So this past week has been amazingly crazy and awesome, They have changed up our schedule so that we do two of our hours of study after lunch so we wont have to be walking around when the sun is at it’s hottest point and when the whole world is taking their siesta. This is a grand blessing for us!!! Though I am enjoying the sun and my beautiful tan. jajaja. We are entering in the month of Febrero, the month where many people celebrate Saint valentiens day and my parents celebrate their anniversary. So it is a month full of love and joy, and a month in which we will be trying to help a few couples to man up and get married, which can be really fun, and at the same time sometimes I just want to grab their shoulders and tell them “just do it all right!!!” Its loads of fun. Any one who might be reading this I want to extend the challenge that you show love to the person that you love most in a different manner everyday, and then see how the spirit can enter more into your life. This past week has been pretty awesome. We weren’t finding very many new people to teach BUT after a lot of rain storms we found a few more families to help teach and help come to Christ. One family was a reference that we received from a member. When she first told us that we would have to take a taxi to get there because it is very far away, My first thought was, Hermana, we are missionaries, we are accustomed to walking a lot. But I didn’t say anything. When she accompanied us in taxi after 15 minuets I was expecting to arrive any time, but the farther we went the worse the dirt roads got, and about an hour later we finally got to the house and found an amazing family to teach. Also in the drive to the ranch the member who was guiding us decided to start sharing the gosple with the Taxi driver and helped us set up a lesson with him for tomorrow. We also invited him to sit with us and participate in the lesson. I don’t think it will be a trip that he will ever forget. The ward here is amazing, and many of the members help us loads, we have taken to going to all of the relief society activities here and I really do feel like we are all here part of a team, it is so much fun to play sports with these ladies and to work together with them.
Mission Home address.Sister Amber Spradlin
La Misión Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo, Uruguay 11.800Packages take about two weeks to reach the country.
- There are a few rules about sending packages.
1) Do not send packages that weigh more than 2 kilograms (4 pounds).
2) Declare contents as Missionary Supplies and do not put a value more than $50 on the package.
- When packages are sent without following these rules, they must go through customs. It can take up to 4 months to finally get a package that has passed through customs and when it arrives, it is possible that a few things will be missing and/or stolen. The missionary also pays a fine in order to get the package.
- Packages sent in padded envelopes usually arrive in good condition.
- It is best to use the United States Postal Service instead of the private couriers such as FedEX or DHL.
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am