JUAN WAS BAPTIZED THIS SATURDAY!!! For the past four or five weeks we have been teaching our investigator Juan and preparing him for baptism, but He did’t want to give us a sure yes until we were teaching him this past Friday with the Bishop and after a looong pause he said yes and Saturday he entered the waters of baptism. Sunday, after telling us that he wasn’t going to be able to make it because he had to take care of his car, he showed up at the church in a white shirt to recive the Gift of the Holy Ghost. It has been a blast teaching him because he has a strong Evangelical back ground and lots of questions, but when it came down to commiting to keep a comandment of God he always is 100% ready to pull through, because it is the Word of God. I loved it that he didn’t commit to baptism until he was convinced that it was what God wanted him to do. One of his questions was over who was Joesph Smith and to help him clear up his doubt we watched the movie Joesph Smith , the prophet of the Restoration and at the end with tears in his eyes he declared “there are no more questions”. The spirit confermed that Joesph Smith really was his chosen prophet, called to restore His Church., He is also very dedicated to serving, right after his baptism when we were putting up the chairs he came back saying that He has to help because now that he was a member of the Congrigation that it was his duty too.
Mission Home address.Sister Amber Spradlin
La Misión Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo, Uruguay 11.800Packages take about two weeks to reach the country.
- There are a few rules about sending packages.
1) Do not send packages that weigh more than 2 kilograms (4 pounds).
2) Declare contents as Missionary Supplies and do not put a value more than $50 on the package.
- When packages are sent without following these rules, they must go through customs. It can take up to 4 months to finally get a package that has passed through customs and when it arrives, it is possible that a few things will be missing and/or stolen. The missionary also pays a fine in order to get the package.
- Packages sent in padded envelopes usually arrive in good condition.
- It is best to use the United States Postal Service instead of the private couriers such as FedEX or DHL.
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am