This past week has been pretty awesome!! We had a
crazy week Yesterday we were invited to lunch/birthday party at a
members house and well I felt right at home, except that they were
treating my companions and me like vip!! When we were trying to help
serve everyone else (because that is what missionaries do) they kept
on insisting that we served ourselves first,.It was fun because they had
their loud music and well a crazy family like mine who loves to put
frosting in your face, dance, and make you laugh. When we tried to
leave one of the sisters grabbed me and stuck a white table cloth over
my head spinning me around saying “she got married in Uruguay!!” then
did the same thing to my companion. I had to promise them that when I
get of my mission and return to Uruguay I would come back, sip some
mate and dance with them. I love these easy going people. We found a
new investigator to teach. It was really neat because when we passed by
their house and saw that their door was open I thought and said to my
companion that they were waiting for us because the door was open.
When we went to talk to them it really seemed like they were waiting
for us, although the poor sister falls asleep in our lessons and fell
asleep during church as well. We had to teach the restauration
standing up with her. jaja. Each week I am more and more sure that it
is the Lord who is in charge of this work, because there is no way that
two 20 year old girls could enter in the houses of strangers and help
them completely change their lives for the better if it werent that we
didn’t have God with us every step of the way. I am thinking more and
more of the Savior and His life that He gave for us. It is amazing to
think that Jesus Christ really suffered everything for us to give us
the oprotunity to have a fulness of joy. I am so greatful to know that
my Savior really loves me and that he cares for me. I love you guys
and hope that you are all well!!
Mission Home address.Sister Amber Spradlin
La Misión Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo, Uruguay 11.800Packages take about two weeks to reach the country.
- There are a few rules about sending packages.
1) Do not send packages that weigh more than 2 kilograms (4 pounds).
2) Declare contents as Missionary Supplies and do not put a value more than $50 on the package.
- When packages are sent without following these rules, they must go through customs. It can take up to 4 months to finally get a package that has passed through customs and when it arrives, it is possible that a few things will be missing and/or stolen. The missionary also pays a fine in order to get the package.
- Packages sent in padded envelopes usually arrive in good condition.
- It is best to use the United States Postal Service instead of the private couriers such as FedEX or DHL.
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am