So I have been sent to the mission early! Yippee, no more CCM, Though I did love my experience there it is good to be out in the field. In the mission here the newbies are called Oros, which to me is way better than being called a greeny. I would rather be gold than green. My trainer makes me feel like gold, as well as the other companionship that we share a house with. Our house is made up of one Latina and three gringas. My Trainer is Hermana Phillips, she is Lo Mejor, and she is a nerd like me. I am looking forward to serving here In La Paz for a few weeks then it will be off to my assigned mission in Uruguay Montevideo West. It is neat because not everyone can say that they were able to serve their mission in two missions. If you are wondering how this all works out, I am subbing for a cortaplasa for a few weeks till she can return to the mission and till they have room for me in my mission. This is such an awesome experience. Yippee for the Gift of tongues and studying Spanish for the past eight years. I have been so incredibly blessed. Just so you all know we are all extremely spoiled in the states.
Mission Home address.Sister Amber Spradlin
La Misión Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo, Uruguay 11.800Packages take about two weeks to reach the country.
- There are a few rules about sending packages.
1) Do not send packages that weigh more than 2 kilograms (4 pounds).
2) Declare contents as Missionary Supplies and do not put a value more than $50 on the package.
- When packages are sent without following these rules, they must go through customs. It can take up to 4 months to finally get a package that has passed through customs and when it arrives, it is possible that a few things will be missing and/or stolen. The missionary also pays a fine in order to get the package.
- Packages sent in padded envelopes usually arrive in good condition.
- It is best to use the United States Postal Service instead of the private couriers such as FedEX or DHL.
Hours & Info1-202-555-1212Lunch: 11am - 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm - 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm - 1am